It's likely that you've heard about Pine Ridge from ABC 20/20, National Geographic, or from historical events.
- Our First Nation now ranks Last in so many ways
- Most of the poorest counties in the US are on Indian Reservations
- You have a chance to rectify a travesty from our past
- Your support is desperately needed ~ right here in America!
We are currently planning for the Third Annual Wings Like Eagles Trivia Night which will take place on Friday, May17, 2013. This event will consist of (10) rounds of trivia questions for team competition. We will auction themed-baskets between trivia rounds and the event will also include some Lakota-style concessions like Buffalo Burgers and Indian Fry Bread. Please click on the link below for more details on our Facebook page:
We recently completed the Second Annual Soaring Eagles 3on3 Hoopfest and raised over $1,600 thanks to all of our faithful volunteers!
Our volunteers just returned from our 2012 Christmas Trip during which we delivered over 1,600 pounds of shoebox Christmas gifts, handmade quilts, toys, and winter gear for the people of Manderson and Wounded Knee. Our volunteers also accomplished a Community Feed event at St. Agnes Catholic Church in Manderson for over (300) local residents.
This summer, we completed an amazing Ministry effort during our June, 2012 Summer Trip. Read about details on the Lakota Missions 2012 Page
For trip photos, click on the picture below:
Current Efforts See SeeS
This organization focuses on the Pine Ridge Reservation because this area is economically challenged and is not "convenient" for tourists and visitors. Many believe that Native Americans are "casino rich" or are all alcoholics. Neither of these things are true, especially at Pine Ridge. The Oglala Lakota Sioux residents on this Reservation do have issues (see the note below about Shocking Statistics), but they are an honorable people who love their families, have a great sense of humor, and are proud of their ancestors and the rich culture they once enjoyed. This Charity intends to provide physical assistance where needed as we help bridge the gap between current conditions and the full implementation of that former, self-sustaining rich culture.
These fine people have self-respect and they value highly the (4) Lakota Values of Generosity (Wacantognaka), Courage (Woohitika), Respect (Wowacintanka), and Wisdom (Woksape) among their many other cultural qualities and rich history. If you feel led, you could help us as we assist the Lakota people in reaching their goals of self-reliance.
(To read some Shocking Statistics about the Reservation, please visit our "Reservation History" page on this website). SEE ALSO SOME POSITIVE EFFORTS currently being implemented by visiting our "Positive Efforts" page on this website.
To Renew Hope in the Lives of the Lakota Residents of the Pine Ridge Reservation and to Reflect the Love of Christ by:
- Improving physical living conditions
- Supporting local schools, businesses and existing charitable organizations
- Sponsoring events to encourage a positive outlook among children and adults
- Encouraging and promoting the provision of goods and services from individuals, businesses, and corporations alike.
Help Us Help Them:
Make yourself aware of this and other desperate situations around our country and our world
- Reach out a hand of assistance where you feel the need to do so, not just with this Organization
- Pray and Do. Pray for these people, but also take action!
- Consider a donation and Click below to contribute through Paypal or mail to our address on the Contacts page of this website. Funds are always needed. At this time, 100% of the proceeds from our fundraising efforts are used to directly benefit the children and families at Pine Ridge. As noted above, ALL donations are tax-deductible.
Wanbli Hupahu Eyececa
the repair of the Wounded Knee Burial site entrance and signage, as well as the revitalization of this historic area. Voting began on August 01, 2011 and will last through 11:59pm on August 31. Current Efforts